Unveiling the Beauty of Indian Traditional Dresses for Girls: A Guide to Style and Culture
Traditional Indian dress for girls is a visual representation of India's illustrious past and present. These traditional clothing are works of art in and of themselves, boasting as they do exquisite designs, handcrafted fabrics, vivid colours, and elaborate stitching.
If you are planning to buy a dress for your family functions, weddings, or special occasions, the most challenging part is to get one of your choices.
In this article, we'll learn more about the history and cultural significance of girls' traditional clothing in India. And at the end, you'll be able to figure out how to get a custom-designed exclusive Indian traditional dress for yourself.
What is The Significance of traditional Indian dresses for Girls?
Girls' donning of traditional Indian clothes has significant historical and cultural importance. You can see their importance for several reasons, but here are some of the more crucial ones:
- Indian traditional dress for girls is a significant part of Indian culture and identity.
- Traditional Indian dresses have religious connotations and are worn by girls at festivals and gatherings.
- Traditional Indian women's clothing has deep cultural roots and a long history of social significance.
- It's a symbol of femininity.
- Each outfit is a one-of-a-kind creation fashioned by the customs and aesthetics of its home community.
- It is often a work of art.
- It is significant both culturally and economically.
Alternatively, you may wish to take a look at the various types of embroidered suits we offer or browse through them on your own
How Can Traditional Indian Dresses be Mixed And Matched to Create a Unique Look?
Remember that putting up a one-of-a-kind appearance is all about having a good time and becoming creative with the things you already own. Feel free to go out of your comfort zone and try new things; this includes trying out new combinations.
Here are some ways you can try mixing traditional Indian dresses:
- Combining different styles by donning a saree and a blouse from a different era.
- For a casual yet fashionable look, try pairing jeans with your white or black kurta.
- Putting a modern spin on the classic lehenga by wearing it with a crop top.
- Dressing up a classic salwar kameez with a pair of bold earrings or a necklace.
- A traditional dupatta is worn with a contemporary jumpsuit or dress.
- Using a variety of silk, cotton, and linen fabrics, together with other traditional Indian textiles, to create a one-of-a-kind ensemble.
- Put a contemporary spin on a classic outfit with accessories with sneakers or boots.
Can You Give Examples of Famous traditional Indian Dress Worn by Girls at Weddings?
Number 1: Lehenga
Lehenga is an Indian long skirt typically paired with a shirt and a sarong. Young Indian girls traditionally wear lehengas on their wedding day. They can be found in various styles, fabrics, and designs.
Number 2: Anarkali Suit
Anarkali Suit consists of a long, draping kurta paired with leggings and a dupatta. It's a mix of old and new, and it's all the rage for bridesmaids.
Number 3: Sharara
The signature silhouette of a Sharara is a long, flared skirt that is fitted through the hips and waist before flaring out at the hem. A long kurta and a scarf, or dupatta, complete the look. It doesn't have any joints at the knee.
There are also a number of categories from which to choose.
Number 4: Gharara
Girls in India often wear the traditional clothing known as a gharara, distinguished by a long, flared skirt and a long kurta, and is topped off with a dupatta. Lucknow, a city in northern India, was the birthplace of this fashion trend.
--- Want to know more about traditional Indian dresses? Visit our blogs about traditional dresses ---
- Maharashtrian Dress
- Assam Dress
- Sikkim dress
- Kerela Dress
- Rajisthani Dress
- Kashmiri Dress
- Gujarati Dress
Number 5: Salvar Kameez
Indian women traditionally wear a long tunic called a salwar kameez with baggy slacks and a scarf called a dupatta. Several variations of this outfit are worn by Indian women, from casual to formal settings.
Number 6: Ghagra Choli
The Ghagra Choli is traditional Indian clothing consisting of a long skirt, a shirt, and a scarf called a dupatta. Girls wear this dress style frequently in the western Indian states of Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Where Can One Find Authentic Indian Traditional Dresses for Girls?
If you are looking to purchase Indian traditional dress for your girls, you are likely to search them at,
- Online Retailers
- Custom Designers
- Online Marketplace
To put it simply, we know how to make stunning salwar kameezes. Our online shop now features a wide variety of styles for your perusal.
We also provide traditional custom-made dresses for girls like sharara, gharara, salwar kameez, Anarkali suits, etc.
Contact us right away to get your dress altered to your specifications!