Read This Before Buying Kerala Traditional Dress for Weddings
Choosing your perfect Kerala traditional wedding dress is slightly less challenging than choosing your groom. We are right. But we know how difficult it gets for brides.
From celebrities to influencers, they all get traditional customised dresses for their wedding. That's because, more than the design and style, they prefer the fitting and length of their dresses.
Suppose you, too, need clarification about how to choose your Kerala traditional dress for your wedding. In that case, we'll help resolve every doubt of yours in the next 3 minutes. Read along.
Vibrant Colours and Designs of Kerala's Traditional Dress
Colours play an extraordinary role in traditional dresses. Every colour has significance. The colours and designs of traditional Kerala dresses vary widely. They can range from simple and understated to bold and eye-catching. Some popular colours for these dresses include white, off-white, red, green, gold, and blue.
In addition to the primary colour of the dress, traditional Kerala dresses are often adorned with intricate designs and patterns inspired by the region's rich cultural and artistic heritage. These designs may include floral patterns, geometric shapes, and other motifs that have symbolic meaning.
How Should I Choose My Kerala Traditional Wedding Dress?
When choosing your traditional wedding dress for a Kerala wedding, there are a few things you should consider:
- Choose a style that suits your body type: The mundu and saree are versatile styles worn by people of different body types. But choosing a style that flatters your figure is essential. For example, if you have a petite frame, choose a saree with a more minor border or a mundu with a slimmer cut.
- Consider the fabric and design: Traditional Kerala wedding dresses are usually made of lightweight, breathable materials such as cotton, silk, or linen to withstand the tropical climate. Look for high-quality fabrics and intricate designs that reflect the region's cultural and artistic heritage.
- Pay attention to the fit and sizing: Make sure to get the right size and fit for your body type to ensure the dress is comfortable and looks good. Try on different sizes and styles before making a purchase.
- Think about the wedding theme and colour scheme: Consider the wedding's overall theme and colour scheme when choosing your dress. You can coordinate your dress with the wedding party's attire or choose a colour that complements the wedding decor.
- Shop from reputable sources: To ensure that you get high-quality, authentic traditional Kerala wedding dresses, it's best to shop from reputable sources. Ex- traditional clothing stores or online retailers with good reviews.
--- Also, would you like to know more about the importance of ethnic wear for women? Visit our blog Named IMPORTANCE OF ETHNIC WEAR FOR WOMEN.Top FAQ's ---
How do Kerala Couple Dress in Traditional Wedding Dresses
The bride and groom's traditional attire reflects Kerala's cultural heritage and values.
Kerala Bride's Traditional Wedding Dress
The traditional attire for the bride in Kerala is a two-piece dress called a mundu and kasavu saree. The mundu is made of silk, cotton or polyester and worn with a nine-yard long, three-yard wide saree. The groom wears a dhoti and shirt with an angavastram draped over his shoulder.
Another traditional dress for brides is the saree, a fabric often long and secured at the waist with a pleated border called a petticoat.
Kerala Groom's Traditional Wedding Dress
Men are a charmer. Right? But at your wedding, you both need to have somewhat matching dresses to create that atmosphere of union for the world to witness. Your traditional dresses will act like firecrackers without even lighting one.
So, the traditional dress for men is the mundu, a long piece of white or off-white cotton cloth draped around the waist and worn with a matching shirt.
What is so Special About Kerala traditional Wedding Dresses?
The use of light, breathable materials like cotton, silk, or linen, which are suitable for the area's tropical environment, is one of the distinctive aspects of Kerala's traditional wedding dresses. These materials not only make the wearer more comfortable, but they also give your evening air of grace and nobility.
Another notable aspect of Kerala's traditional wedding dresses is the attention to detail and craftsmanship that goes into their creation. Many traditional dresses are handwoven or hand-embroidered by skilled artisans, making each piece a one-of-a-kind work of art.
Where to Buy Kerala Traditional Dress for Weddings Online?
You can purchase traditional Karnataka dresses for your wedding in several places. Like,
- Online Retailers
- Custom Designers
- Online Marketplace
And fortunately, The Indian Couture meets every requirement and is an all-in-one destination for your needs. Wedding dresses can be purchased and customised on the TIC website to meet your preferences and personal style completely.
At TIC, we custom-design bridal dresses for your wedding festivities according to your choices and requirements.
Get in touch with us to grace your special day with stylish and graceful attire today.