Make Your Wedding Memorable With Uttarakhand Traditional Dress
You want everything about your wedding day to be ideal since it is one of the most important days of your life.
When planning a wedding, the clothes you wear are crucial. And the traditional dress of Uttarakhand is just the thing to give a dash of culture and history to your big day. Having your wedding in Uttarakhand traditional dress is a surefire way to make your guests talk about it for years because of its vivid colours, elaborate patterns, and storied history.
How Should I Choose My Uttarakhand Traditional Dress for Weddings?
Choosing the right traditional outfit for a wedding in Uttarakhand can be challenging for several reasons. But first, let's look at the deciding factors:
- Community and Region: It's crucial to consider the community you belong to and the clothing style customary there. Every community has its own customised traditional dress.
- Religion and Culture: Honouring your faith and cultural norms is essential when deciding what to wear.
- Weather and Season: In the summer months, lighter textiles like cotton and linen are desirable, while in the winter months, wool and velvet are better.
- Personal Fit and Style: Don't force yourself to wear something that makes you feel uncomfortable if you can help it. Try something that makes you feel good about yourself.
- Colour and Design: Consider your skin tone and personal style while choosing an outfit. It will be more eye-catching.
- Accessory and Jewellery: Think about what kinds of jewellery and accessories would go well with the things you already own.
- Budget: Rental options and the more cost-effective option of purchasing an already-made outfit are available. Be mindful while purchasing.
How do Uttarakhand Couple Dress in Traditional Wedding Dresses?
Uttarakhand Bride's Traditional Wedding Dress
Let's have a look at the top three traditional dresses of Uttarakhand.
Number 1: Ghagra Choli - Uttarakhand Traditional Dress for Young Girls and Women
The "Ghagri," a long, flowing skirt that falls to the ankles, is what a traditional Kumaoni or Garhwali bride would wear. It is often constructed from explicit materials and decorated with elaborate embroidery.
A "choli," a form-fitting blouse typically crafted from silk or other luxurious fabrics, is paired with the Ghagri. The choli is also elaborately embellished with embroidery, beading, and mirrorwork.
A traditional veil called a "Pichora" or "Rangwali" complements the Ghagri; these scarves are often made of fine silk or cotton and decorated with elaborate silver or gold tatting.
--- Alternatively, you may wish to take a look at the various types of embroidered suits we offer or browse through them on your own ---
Number 2: Saree - Uttarakhand Traditional Dress From Tribal Women
Women of the Kumaoni and Garhwali communities often wear sarees to their weddings. A rectangular piece of unfinished fabric is wrapped around the wearer's body in various ways. Its length can vary from 4 to 9 metres.
The saree traditionally worn in India consists of a long skirt, a blouse, and a petticoat. However, some brides also opt to drape themselves in a saree adorned with elaborate zari or zardozi embroidery and crafted from fine silk or other expensive fabrics like Banarasi silk.
Number 3: Salvar Kameez - Uttarakhand Traditional Dress for Young Girls
The traditional salwar kameez worn by women in Uttarakhand is often composed of cotton or another light fabric and is embellished with embroidery or other techniques. The salwar kameez is accessorised with a long scarf and a dupatta draped over the wearer's head and shoulders. Many women also choose to enhance their dupattas with embroidery or other forms of ornamentation.
--- Want to know more about traditional Indian dresses? Visit our blogs about traditional dresses ---
- Maharashtrian Dress
- Assam Dress
- Sikkim dress
- Kerela Dress
- Rajisthani Dress
- Kashmiri Dress
- Gujarati Dress
Uttarakhand Groom's Traditional Wedding Dress
In Uttarakhand, the groom wears a dhoti and kurta, a long piece of cloth wrapped around his waist and legs and a long, loose shirt to the wedding. Like the kurta, it's worn with the dhoti and is most commonly made of cotton or silk.
The groom may also don the long scarf known as a veshti and the traditional leather shoes known as mojari.
What is so Special About Uttarakhand's traditional Wedding Dresses?
Several things make the traditional wedding dress of Uttarakhand stand out. Like
- Rich cultural heritage
- Vivid and vibrant colours
- Embroidery, beading, and mirror work
- Symbol of culture and heritage
Where to Buy Uttarakhand Traditional Dress for Weddings Online?
If you are looking to purchase a traditional Uttarakhand dress for your wedding. You will look at places like,
- Online Retailers
- Custom Designers
- Online Marketplace
But luckily, The Indian Couture is your one-stop destination for all. And above that, we also custom design traditional dresses for weddings.
We have customised dozens of bridal wedding dresses like shararas, gharara, suits, etc. So it would be best if you only told us what you're looking for and how you want it done.
Our bespoke services for Uttarakhand traditional dress have delivered dozens of bridal dresses to make uncountable memories.